Resource Specialist, United States Peace Corps, RSA July 2010-October 2012
The Peace Corps was tough. I lived on a plateau in the desert of rural South Africa. This was not your Joburg, South Africa, this was your, "I haven't had running water for a month" South Africa. I worked on numerous projects and over came some pretty big obstacles to serve those in my community.
Things I did in the Peace Corps:
- Developed the operations and finances for egg and tomato sales of a poultry and vegetable project
- Consultant with the Department of Agriculture (DoA) and Department of Education (DoE).
- Ensured that local farmers were informed of available funding through the DoA.
- Consultant with the Department of Education
- Examined infrastructure Reported the quality of structures to counterparts at the Dept. of Education.
- Created Success Volleyball Camps giving 300+ local students a safe way to learn leadership skills.
- Built a library and a computer lab with local resources.
Implementation Specialist, Conservis, July 2013 – February 2015
I started my career at Conservis as an implementation specialist. I would travel throughout rural America helping set farmers up with our software and service. During this time I learned a lot about our app and keeping track of people's data.
Business Development, Conservis February 2015 - May 2016
As a business development rep I wore multiple hats. I would work with our marketing associate to do creative work for our marketing campaigns. I would take photos, create materials in photoshop, work with vendors to produce materials and mail out or e-mail the finished materials to prospects. All of this was done while doing cold calls and developing different techniques to reach prospects that didn't want to be found.
The highlight of that job were the trade shows. Our team which consisted of myself, the marketing associate and my boss put together a trade show booth that traveled to 8 different shows around the United States over a 2 year period. We created brand awareness and acted as representatives for our company.
Account Executive, Conservis May 2016-October 2017.
I was given the opportunity to be an Account Executive. I moved from St.Paul,Minnesota to Clinton, Iowa in May of 2016. While in Iowa I managed the state and drove 12,000 miles every 2 months. I would drive up to large farming operations and get appointments to demonstrate our software and service. I would also walk those farmers through our sales process.
Some of my experiences are listed below:
- Manage Iowa territory targeting large and complex farming operations.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for developing and managing a sales pipeline totaling $100,000.00+
- Effectively communicate new product offerings to up sell existing customers
- Target cold calls from research and purchased lists. Set 3-4 appointments a week through out the state.
- Closely engage with prospects to uncover pain points and generate value for enterprise software.
- Work with marketing to initiate digital and print campaigns that drive leads and brand awareness
- Optimize Salesforce CRM for opportunity and activity tracking and campaign ROI.
Currently I sell software.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Bachelors of Fine Art emphasis in architecture.
Pen & Paper